Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bake: simple bread

My lovely husband got me a new oven over weekend. I was so excited about it and first thing i wanted to make was bread. Its been on my list for so long.

Ingredients:

Flour - 2 cups
salt - 1/2 tsp
sugar - 1 tsp
yeast - 1tsp
water - 1cup

Very simple ingredients.



Make yeast ready by following the instructions on the packet.



Take a big bowl, mix all dry ingredients in it and then add yeast and water. Mix the dough properly

Now knead the dough on platform for about 10 minutes



Put the dough back in the bowl and cover it with cloth. Let it rest for 1 hr. You will see dough would have become double its volume.

Now knead again for 5 minutes and let it rest in baking mold for another 1/2 hr.



Preheat oven at 180 C. Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes.

That's all...bread is ready.


I smeared some olive oil and toasted cut bread for a 5 minutes and rubbed garlic on it to make garlic bread.



My family finished it in a second...but was worth all the trouble. Next item on my list is cereal bread.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment