Monday, August 1, 2011

yum idiyappam

I went to wayanad, kerala on one of office trips and i was introduced to idiyappam there.

I don't know if its the place, company or hunger, i loved idiyappam and i think i had around 10 of those.
From then on it was on my mind to make idiyappams

I have been asking all my kerala friends for recipe.

I shopped for equipment in many places, but finally fell in love with the presser my mother-in-law had.
She bought it just after her marriage it seems. It was looking so cute. She happily gave it to me.






Equipment:

Presser to make noodles
Idly plates n cooker

Ingredients:

Rice flour - 2 cups
Salt - as per taste
boiling water
grated coconut - 1/2 cup
oil

Step 1: Add salt to the rice flour. pour boiling water into the flour little by little and mix. Prepare dough with consistency to make chapati.


Step 2: Grease the presser with oil. Take a handful of dough, make it into a ball and put it into the presser.


Step 3: Grease idly molds with oil. Press the dough into the mold. and sprinkle grated coconut.



Step 4: cook the idiyappam in idly cooker for 10 minutes. Take them out.


These will taste great with chicken stew or coconut milk and sugar combination.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment