Friday, June 24, 2011

Chatpat Cabbage Chutney

We usually get big cabbages near our house and i use only half when i make curry.

The left out half cabbage is a problem for me. I don't like to repeat a curry in a week and also i don't like to keep any vegetable more than a week in my fridge.

I tried to make different kinds of curries with it, but never satisfied.

Finally the below recipe come to my rescue. I am sure you will love it.

Ingredients

Cabbage - 2 cups
tomatoes - 2
Green chillies -6
tamarind - little (as seen in pic)
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Garlic pods - 7
oil - 3 tbsp
salt - 1/2 tsp
turmeric - pinch

1. Fry cabbage in 2tbsp oil until nicely done

2. add tomato and fry until tomatoes are cooked properly.


3. Fry chillies in 1 tbsp of oil along with tamarind, Jeera and garlic pods. (Tip: when frying green chillies, either cut them into two or pierce them with knife. If not they will burst when fried)




4. Now grind everything along with salt and turmeric to make a coarse paste. Yummy cabbage chutney is ready

5. You can optionally add tadka (poopu) to the chutney to make it even more yummy. (Will soon post a recipe for tadka)


I am so happy and excited to discover this cabbage recipe. Hope you will also find it yummy.
Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment